Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Parties All Weekend!

Last Friday night a few of my best girlfriends came over and brought ingredients for Taco Salad and a funny "over the hill" cake. We sat outside around the fire pit, wrapped in blankets laughing and talking until midnight. Then we moved in and discovered Rebekah had soot all over her face and we laughed some more. Bedtime came around 4 am.

On Sunday Afternoon the kids had a party for me and Yes, the party was great! The kids did a great job, especially Ellisa. The theme was 1960's. The colors were vivid pink, green, yellow and blue. There was a poster on the front door welcoming everyone to the 60's! I could see big bright cut out flowers on the windows. When I walked in there was, "Here she comes just a walkin down the street playing" and of course I immediately started dancing much to everyone's delight. Andrew had made a compilation of 60's music which played the whole time. My mom had brought pictures of me through the years and had them sitting around. The cake came from my parents and it had my picture on the cake. Oh I guess I was about 5 years old and the cake said, Celebrating 50 years of Elizabeth! Of course the icing trims were done in yellow. Food all laid out....subs, fruit, cheeses, chips, pop and everything matched the theme!
I had a few serious birthday cards but mostly funny. My personal favorite gift ....Tickets to see Reba & George!!!!!
Oh, and David had a fun game planned where you had to answer questions about the year I was born and the prize was a lava lamp! Ellisa passed out papers and had people write their advice to me for the next 50 years. Ellisa read them and I had to try to guess who it belonged to.

We laughed the whole time and it was a wonderful afternoon!

No comments: