This morning started off with one unbelievable story!
On our way to work I had Kathryn stop in at our favorite convenience story so I could get me a 32 ounce diet Pepsi. I walked over to the machine, got my cup and began dispensing ice. I noticed that the ice seemed a bit "watery" and even thought I might need to pour off some water before adding the pop when I saw what looked like a small brown twig hanging out of the ice shoot. All of a sudden the twig turned into a small frog and it dropped into my cup.
I started screaming, dancing up and down and shook the cup till the ice dumped out in the machines tray. (Some ice may have flown through the air and I was not doing the happy dance)
I found the gal working there and told her what had happened. She looked at me like I was crazy! We walked over to the machine and there he was...being very still. I realized at this point that I was still holding the cup. I sat it down and said, "I don't believe I will get anything to drink..."
The gal didn't know what to do. About that time a man came in to pay for his gas and she asked him if he would get a frog for her. I thought, wow! It hadn't occurred to me that she didn't want to get the frog herself. The nice man extracted the frog commenting on it being rather cold as he took it outside. She came over to ring up my other purchases when I casually mentioned that she would have to empty and clean that machine.
I got out to the car and Kathryn said, "I thought you were going to get you a pop?" and "what took you so long?"
We laughed all the way to work.
I told her that I didn't think I wanted a fountain drink...at least for a while...until I can get the whole picture out of my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow! My late son in law would have freaked. He was a he-man, Semper Fi, etc. but frogs gave him the creeps. Your story made my day. And, no, I probably would not frequent that convenience store again.
Lynn
Not even a Sonic drink? I don't believe that. Glad I didn't go in the store with you or they would have heard me scream at the other end of town.
Kath
High-larious! Yes, I don't think I'd be wanting a fountain drink for a while either. =)
That's a great story! At least a frog is better than a mouse!
I would have started investigating -- how in the world did a frog get in the drink machine?
Cans or bottles are the way to go...!
I thought things like this only happened in Zambia! The US is deteriorating! I think you should've gotten your other purchases for free.
Post a Comment