I heard a rumor that there was a petition going around the neighborhood. It seems my grass was too long. Have you heard the weather reports lately? Rain, rain, rain! I have been watching the neighbors yards as I come and go and I'm just wondering....when are they getting their grass mowed? All nicely trimmed. One of my neighbors even took a swath down my side of the fence. Oh, that really helped my yard look better.
So I decided that today was the day, rain or shine. I got out pretty early and it was muuuggy! I trimmed, picked up lots of sticks and even scooped up gopher dirt hills. The word must have gotten out because I could swear the traffic increased in front of my house. I couldn't look up at them but I'm sure they slowed down!
I always marvel at those ladies who do their yard work looking like they just stepped out of the salon. I'm not one of those women. First of all I sweat! Not just a little, oh no, I need a sweat band! So, there I am sweaty, red faced and wet hair working away.
Enter Samuel, He returns home and I with a smile tell him I'm ready to push mow (or trim as we call it). He told me that he was going to do the trimming. Bless you my child!
"Oh, and you might need to charge the battery, I forgot to get a new battery for the riding mower," I told him. One would think that with the long break from mowing that one would have taken care of that. Sure enough the battery was dead and needed that charge. I took advantage of the break to do important things: eat lunch, check e-mail, face book and surf around the Internet. Once "cooled off" I thought I would try to improve my appearance so I took off the sweat band and combed my hair....it really didn't help.
I'm getting more efficient with the riding mower. I finished in a little over 2 hours! Let's see, I was stalked by a red wasp, saw a young mockingbird, had grass thrown all over me on more than one occasion and lost a flip flop. I was quite the site.
All is well in the neighborhood....
The yard is mowed and I got a little sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good day fer mowin'! That's what Ethan and I did, too. Though, I'd never be brave enough to wear flip flops for that chore!
I was on the riding mower when I lost the flip flop. I was trying to get rid of something between foot & ff, shaking the thing right off into the grass. I just left it and finished mowing. :) YEARS ago I would push mow in flip flops but not now.
Post a Comment